Monday, March 17, 2014

Mamma love!

In a moment of epiphany, I wrote a small poem dedicated to my Mom, for the wonderful person she is!

You have taught me to dream high,
But in all success,to keep my head low
You have taught me to help the poor,
And to move with the rich,all in the same flow!

I remember crying into a pillow,
That pillow being your lap.
You hugged me tight,
While I slipped into a nap.

You have stayed up all night,
To pray to Almighty for me
To make sure I am happy
That's all you always want me to be!

I wait for your sweet voice,
Every time I turn on skype
Even in the loneliest of moments,
Your virtual presence makes everything seem alright!

I don't remember you wishing for anything,
All your wishes are to keep the family happy
I doubt I will ever be as selfless as you,
And if that day ever comes,I will owe it all to you.

Through these incredible 21 years,
You have guided me in every step I take
Filling the house with love,music and books
Full of wonderful role models to emulate.
 
Mamma ,my best friend and soul sister,
I love you a thousand times over!
I may not say this enough,
But I am the luckiest daughter ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment