Friday, February 21, 2014

5 Reasons why I love Suits!

Suits is a legal TV drama with outstanding script and classy acting. I got addicted to it during my final year and finished 3 seasons in 2 days! Packed with good suspense and witty banters, it's a show everybody should watch at least once in their lifetimes. If you don't like it straightaway, give it some time and come back to it. You can thank me later!

Here's are my top 5 reasons you should catch the show:

1) The show's got style!

If you thought Rajnikant has got style,wait till you start admiring Harvey Spector, the man who carries the show. Everything you need to know about Suits can be learnt in the very first episode. Sleek cinematography,smooth soundtrack and fantastic opening title sequence. I am liberal with my praises because the show is worth it. It's one of those rare shows which you know will be quoted for years to come.

2) Smart Writing.

Though the show has got some real talent, the reason why its awesome is really because of its smart and quick dialogues. Whether its WWHD(What would Harvey Do) or 'Don't Donna me' or 'You just got Litt Up', suits has its own unique lingo , apart from the sexy legal jargon. I can safely say I can carry off a conversation with my law major friend without taking the fifth(if you know what i mean!)

3) Pop Culture References.

One of the most enjoyable things to do during each episode is to spot the numerous pop culture references in the dialogues. Every season has some references to Shakespeare , Dead Poets Society,Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Pulp Fiction,Forrest Gump and even shows like Downton Abbey ,Game of thrones and many more. For a pop culture junkie like myself, there's nothing more exciting than movie quotes, comparisons to fictional characters and even some really awesome Lady Macbeth impressions!

4) Life's not so simple.

Suits models real life. The cases in Suits are morally complex,and so are the characters. No case is smooth and no character is perfect. Everyones' flaws,mistakes and misjudgements makes me question my own character. What would I do in that situation? Characters who may seem like stereotypes are actually facades to their actual selves. For example, the protagonist Harvey is the evil and proud lawyer for an outsider. But on suits, we root for him because we know the humane side to the character,why he is what he is. Everyone has a story to tell,don't they?

5) Relationships matter.

Once in a while,we forget that everything in business is operated by a human. We may blame a system,but it's a group of humans with real feelings who run the system. At its core, Suits is about relationships. Trust, loyalty and respect are important for long-term relationships. This perspective adds a unique emotional depth to an otherwise generic legal procedure. Harvey believes in the abilities of his protege,Mike and comes to care about him, while Mike has immense deep rooted respect for his mentor.

Suits is a show populated by genuine characters .Every combination of actors on this show produce dynamic scenes. I laugh every time Donna and Rachel gossip together, I cheer every time Harvey stands up for Mike(and vice versa), I feel all warm and fuzzy when someone is genuinely nice to Louis, I smile every time Jessica and Harvey strategise together and I melt when Donna and Harvey protect each other. I love television shows that make me think and reflect , and that's Suits in a nutshell.

I came for the smart writing and charming cast, I stayed because I feel invested in the show's journey.



No comments:

Post a Comment