Friday, February 21, 2014

Solving Rubik's cube!

I finally learnt how to solve Rubiks Cube! I have been wanting to add this to my bragging rights for a while now and it feels good that I finally can! Thanks to a good friend who taught me the nuances to Rubiking!

For those interesting in learning, here's a good youtube video to get you started!


As with most skills, it just gets better with practice. With a few days of practice,I am able to solve it in 5 minutes. However, I have heard that speed-cubing is a whole different story. It needs skills like muscle memory,finger dexterity and multitasking. But the good thing is that these are more of acquired skills than innate skills . Just like sports , some people are natural at it while some become very good with practice and hard work.

Though there isn't a direct relationship between solving Rubik's cube and intelligence level, research shows that the process of understanding why and how it works greatly aids in 3D visualisation and algorithmic thinking. Personally, it helps me focus on days when I can't concentrate.

Who knows? This skill might even land me up in a dream job. Remember Will Smith in Pursuit of Happyness? ;) Oh ,well!


No comments:

Post a Comment