Friday, April 18, 2014

Been there,done that!

If I am granted one wish, I would ask for a time-turner, like the one Hermione gets in Harry Potter which wonderfully enables her to experience two lives at once. On one hand, I love my life away from home and the sense of freedom and individuality that it brings, but on the other hand I crave for the familiarity and the sense of belonging that comes with home. Everyday , an unknown hand feeds me . I sleep in an unfamiliar bed and I wake up to realize that I am miles away from my home,where my heart really is. My dearest ones at home lead a different reel of life altogether. I hear stories, anecdotes but I am almost often not there to share their experiences. But then I realize...

Life is all about the “What ifs”. What if I had chosen the other University? What if I had a different childhood? What if I had gone on that exchange programme? But isn’t it wonderful to stop thinking, take all the opportunities that life brings,venture out of your comfort zone and look back and say “Been there, done that”?

Without all these,life becomes a routine, a wheel-spin that you wake up to every morning. I don’t know whether it’s just the thought of turning 21 in an hour or it’s just one of those routine midnight revelations. Through these 21 years, if there is one thing that I have learnt , it is that life is not about success or failure, the black or the white. It is the greyish area that threads the middle. Isn't it better to take chances, have a few scars and watch them heel rather than have a smooth skiing that whither in half of the time?

I say yes, yes to all the opportunities that life brings my way! Here's to a crazy adulthood!


No comments:

Post a Comment