Tuesday, April 1, 2014

On being a copycat!

Sam Walton , CEO of Walmart once said : "Most everything i have done,I have copied from someone else".  

I related to this statement a lot. Almost every choice of mine , be it career paths, travel destinations, movie picks or even culinary options, have been influenced by the honest opinions expressed by a multitude of people I have had the good fortune of meeting. These people have been acquaintances, professors, friends, relatives or even taxi-drivers. These people somehow came into my life, told me their story and changed my life forever. I feel indebted to such people.

Those who give their honest opinions, express their constructive criticisms, narrate their true experiences and the lessons they learnt from each of them are the ones who change people's lives everyday. Precedents set by people gives one the much-needed confidence to go ahead and do something.

It's funny how you can touch people's lives just by sharing your experiences. It takes successful people more than 10 years of hard work to become an overnight success. Half of them are willing to walk us through the toil,the other half just attribute it good luck and move on. Just focus on the lives of the first half. May be some incident will strike a chord with you,and change your life and the way you live!


No comments:

Post a Comment